Principles of social responsibility
STIHL operates on a sustained basis in the interest of the company, its staff and the community in equal measure. The Group acknowledges its responsibility as part of society in all the regions in which it operates. STIHL respects the cultural, social, political and legal diversity of societies and nations. The Group complies with the laws and regulations in force in the different countries and harmonizes operating targets with the requirements listed below. These principles are part of our corporate culture and apply throughout the STIHL Group. All our employees are asked to ensure they are observed. We expect our business partners to adhere to similar principles.
STIHL observes compliance with the internationally proclaimed human rights.
The STIHL working world
- Supports the principle of the social market economy and competition
- Acknowledges their employees' freedom of association
- Rejects any form of forced labour and child labour
- Observes equality of opportunities in recruitment and employment
- Undertakes to maintain health and safety at work at a high level and to seek constantly to improve it
- Supports the integration of physically and mentally handicapped people
STIHL declares its commitment to sustainability in conservation of the environment. The company undertakes to practice environmental protection at a high level and its continuous improvement - in both company processes and in the products.
STIHL is opposed to corruption, including extortion and bribery.
signed Hans Peter Stihl (Chairman of the Supervisory Board of STIHL AG)
signed Dr. Bertram Kandziora (Chairman of the Executive Board of STIHL AG)